Technorama 2018 launches: your time starts now!
Registration for Technorama 2018 is off and running. Sign up now for early-bird member rates, and book a room at the official hotel too.
What’s a Technorama?
We’re an organisation that provides support for education, professional and social interactions, and cross-deployment of skills and resources, within the community of technologists who support Community Broadcasting in Australia. We aim to increase the number of trained technologists in Australia, and create opportunities to increase the diversity of the Technologist ranks. We have members and we partner with industry peak bodies and suppliers. Technorama has national scope and is incorporated as a not-for-profit in NSW, with ACNC Charity status.
Each year we run an event (also called “Technorama”) which is a bit like a mini-conference, and a bit like a networking event, and a vital part of our reason for being.
And now, the headlines:
- Kick-off function at Joy FM on 18 May. Meet the team, see the studios, drink the wine, enjoy the pizza and renew old aquaintances.
- A full slate of programming for Saturday 19 May and Sunday 20 May
- A special Education day on Friday 18 May, aimed at technical newbs. We’ll teach you how to wire cables, build kits, and get things to work – all in one day
- The 2018 Technorama Awards program is off and running; nominations are open now and close at 2359 on Friday 6 April 2018.
- Meet a few of your favourite industry partners, including vendors, the CBAA, CBF, CMTO, and other C-suite personalities.
- Our Special Guest of Honour is Julie Spencer, one of the most experienced RF Engineers in the country. Julie will be with us for the full Technorama program, and will participate in the Education day.
- We’ve announced a special bursary for young adults and women, to help get you to TR18. Applications close 25 March
- Members should schedule to attend a Special General Meeting of Technorama Members, to be held at 1700 on Saturday 19 May 2018
Your time starts now! Click through the other stories, or head for the TR18 PAGE tab.