Tech Bootcamp for the Non-Technical
Wednesday 31 January 2018, 18:30 AEDT.
If you missed the exceptionally well attended session at the 2017 CBAA Conference, here’s your chance to catch up. John Maizels (President of Technorama) will deliver the first CBAA webinar of 2018, aimed at providing technical guidance for the non-technical. As with the CBAA session, the Webinar will cover how your station works, and familiarise you with the end-to-end broadcast chain from microphone to antenna and even a bit beyond.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn about your on-air path from studio to transmitter, and how to identify all the bits, in non-technical jargon!
- Receive plain-language information to help you with a CBF technology grant.
- Pick up useful strategic tips about all of the tools at your station that plug into electrical sockets, including phones, panels, links, antennae, and more.
- Find out more about the vibrant technical community that exists within the larger community broadcasting sector and how you (and your station staff & volunteers) can join in.
- Get an opportunity to have your technical questions answered.
Who is this webinar for?
All community broadcasters, especially managers and board/committee members, who have technical interest and more importantly, technical responsibilities.
Presented by: John Maizels
A stalwart of the community broadcasting sector, John started his radio career as a teenager, learning to build consoles and studios, developing announcing skills and running radio stations at school. He has worked professionally in radio and television in a variety of creative, production and engineering roles, was the founding Chair of PBS, spent 11 years as Technology Director at Northside Radio 99.3 and has been active with the CBAA since it was formed. Professionally John teaches television and works in the broadcast industry as a freelancer and consultant. He is passionate about good broadcasting, good coffee, and answering tough questions in simple language.
There’s no charge for this event, but places are limited. To ensure your place is reserved, register online with this link Details of how to connect will be sent to you.