TR18 Delegate FAQ
Hi to all delegates of TR18 – hope you’re as excited as we are about this year’s Technorama.
You’re getting this note because you are registered for the event or dinner (or both). It includes some useful and important information to help make your experience smoother. Consider it the FAQ for the event, and please read it carefully, because I’m sure there will be a question or two extracted from it for the trivia night.
It’s still not too late for your friends and colleagues to register, and you should razz your nearby mates in case they have been hanging back. The registration process is dead easy to do any time on a mobile device – so get them to do it now.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
Best, John Maizels (for the Technorama Inc Committee)
The secretariat contact batphone during the event is 0419-576-888.
The secretariat contact email address is [email protected]
- You may print your Eventbrite ticket if you wish, but it’s not necessary. We know who you are, and we can look you up when you arrive.
- The full program will be online via the website from about six weeks out
- The Maltese Community Centre has one public entrance, which is on the north side, facing Ievers Street. There is ramp access to the front door.
- Check parking signs before leaving your car on Saturday. There is no-charge parking available around the venue, but much of the area is metered.
- We are confirming the state of WiFi at the Club, and we expect to make some form of connection available. It will not be an infinitely fat pipe. We think that’s unlikely to be a problem, as many of you will choose to use your plans, and that will take load of the house WiFi.
- You can participate in the show-and-tell session. If you have a clever piece of gear, or a pointer to a must-have software product, come prepared to share the info.
- Please let us know if you have any food allergies or preferences. All meals are being prepared taking GF and vegetarian needs into consideration, but if you have a special requirement it will be better for us to know in advance.
- Dinner on Saturday night will start from around 1830, and we will be seated in the conference area.
- There is no provided lunch on Sunday, but we will finish TR18 formalities in time to allow you to have lunch.
- Over the weekend, the nearest coffee shop during the day is in the Vibe (available some times) and a convenience store on the ground floor of the building that houses the CBF offices in Walker Street (south of the club).
- If you need a serious shopping fix, Barkley Square shops are located about ten minutes walk north of the Club, up Royal Parade/Sydney Road.
- Brunswick shops are also about ten minutes walk from the Club
- Essentially, you won’t have enough time to get offsite and back in a break.