The TR18 At A Glance and FAQ Page
What you need to know:
- TR18 runs from evening of Friday 18 May 2018 to lunchtime Sunday 20 May 2018.
- Our Friday night welcome on 18 May is going to be at 3ZZZ in Brunswick
- The event venue for 19/20 May is the Maltese Community Club: 477 Royal Parade in Parkville, just north of the Melbourne CBD
- Earlybird registration period (starting at $95 Member rate for the event) ended on Sunday 8 April 2018 at 2359. Check the pricing. It’s still really affordable.
- A range of accommodation is available from cheap to deluxe. See the Technorama Website for details on where to stay.
- All Technorama events to date have been rated as 100% brilliant. Maybe 110%.
- You can book right now online or get more information from pages on this website. If in doubt: search for TR18.
- A special Education day on Friday 18 May, aimed at technical newbs. We’ll teach you how to wire cables, build kits, and get things to work – all in one day. It’s an extra charge, but well worth it if you’re just getting started.
The TR18 Special Guest of Honour is Julie Spencer. Julie is a senior engineer and engineering manager with a career spanning all sectors. Read about Julie here.
Why should you attend? TR18 is the event for anyone involved in technical support for Community Broadcasting. This is your chance to meet fellow sector technologists, develop your networks, catch up on developments, and even influence policy.
Why should your station send you? Radio is a technology business. Your Committee/Board/Management need you to be connected to a support cluster, to be able to advise on technology and policy, to know how to create great grant applications, and to save your station money as a result of knowledge and contacts gained at TR18. It’s a return on investment, and stations tell us over and over that Technorama delivers.
The program will include presentations, discussions, roundtables, expositions, what’s new, how-tos, and more. Talk, meet, discover, learn and network.
All this plus great food, easy travel, and the world’s lowest delegate fees! Your registration covers all that happens once you arrive at the event – attendance fees, food, beverages at breaks, the conference dinner – pretty much everything that isn’t the bar tab, or your hotel bill!
Make the booking: Registration is quick and painless, and is 100% online.
Registration fees are significantly discounted for Members of Technorama. You can join Technorama painlessly here.
Awards: There are six award categories managed by a fully independent panel, with awards for station, team and individual contributions. Nomination information is here.
Travel support: The Represent! Bursary. This year we’re offering a special subsidy to encourage attendance by young people, woman, and gender non-conforming folk who are contributors to station technology work. Conditions and how to apply are here.
The Opening Function: on the evening of Friday 18 May is included in your registration.
Programming: A full slate of sessions on Saturday 19 May and Sunday 20 May
Supporting Technorama: Meet a few of your favourite industry partners, including vendors, the CBAA, CBF, CMTO, and other C-suite personalities.
The Gala Dinner: Also don’t forget the annual Gala Awards/Dinner/Trivia night on Saturday 19 May – it’s included in your registration. Partners, friends, enemies and hangers-on can be invited to join us at the special rate of $35 for Saturday night.
If you’re a station and you’d like us to issue you an invoice, contact us by email to discuss.
Keep an eye on this page and the site, as we add more specific information about TR18.
Cancellation policy: we understand that things go wrong. Eventbrite will allow you to cancel online up to seven days before the event, and a refund through that process will be automatic. If you cancel within seven days of the TR18 event (ie: after lunchtime on 11 May) generally refunds will not be made. However if something has truly gone wrong contact us immediately via [email protected] and discuss your situation with one of our friendly committee.
Disclaimer and fineprint: Technorama Incorporated has no control over our partners and presenters. While every effort will be made to ensure that the program will be delivered as published, challenges and changes do occur. Technorama Incorporated will not be liable for cancellation or other financial considerations which result from changes to programming.
Your time starts now! Click through other stories on this, or head for the TR18 PAGE tab.